- Managing Partner
- Phone: 716.566.9140
- Toll-Free: 855.270.7878
- Fax: 716.259.8269
A founding partner of Pratt Collard Advisory Partners, Matthew is the director of the firm’s equity research group, specifically as a member of the small/micro-cap special situations team. These responsibilities often take him “on the road” visiting companies, meeting management teams, and attending various research conferences. His passion for bottom-up fundamental equity research was formulated overseas during the early part of his career with the SchmidtBank of Nuremberg Germany. This research training coupled with pursuing advanced studies at the Goethe Institute German Business afforded Matthew an opportunity to join Harold C. Brown & Co. as a portfolio manager and member of the firm’s Research & Investment Committee. He became an equity partner in 2007 and assumed the responsibilities of Chairman of the Management Committee during the firm’s transition and subsequent dissolution.
The opportunity to lead a thoughtfully independent equity research effort and more closely marry its focus with the goals and objectives of the firm’s clients led Matthew to launch Pratt Collard Advisory Partners with Michael Pratt, CFA.
Zertifikat Deutsch fur den Beruf (ZDfB)
Goethe Institute – Staufen Germany
B.A. Business Finance, Minors International Finance & German
St. Vincent’s College
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (past & present)
- Hasek’s Heroes Foundation: Board Member, Chair Advancement Committee, Finance Committee, Executive Committee
- Kid’s Escaping Drugs Foundation: Board Member, Chair Advancement Committee, Finance Committee, Executive Committee
- Country Club of Buffalo: Finance Committee, Membership Committee
- St. Vincent’s College – Alex G. McKenna School of Business, Economics, Government Advisory Board
- MICE (Meszaros International Center for Entrepreneurship): Board Member
- Niagara Group: Board Member, Founding Member
- Bishop’s Council of the Laity: Member
- St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute: Board Member, Co-Chair Advancement Committee, Chair Investment Committee, Finance Committee
- Mount Saint Joseph’s Academy: Chairman, Chair Executive Committee, Finance Committee
- Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo: Member Professional Advisors Committee
- Buffalo Niagara WorldConnect: Board Member
Matthew enjoys reading, coaching youth sports, golf, and spending time with his wife, Kerry, and three daughters.